Saturday, October 14, 2006

Do I Look Fat to You?


My v-e-t says I need to loose weight. I'm the only cat in the house that can't get through the sliding glass door out to the porch when it's cracked open with the security stick. I keep telling the humans to shorten the stick and the door would open wider. (It would be the equivalent of them buying a size larger clothes which, ahem, they have been known to do lately.) And they keep telling me that would defeat the purpose of having a security stick.

It was so affirming last summer when Fat Eric had this fantastic entry featuring Big Boys On Parade in his blog. (Although, especially given my short hair, I really don't think I'm in their league at all)

I felt even better when I found some web sites with some really fat cats. Next to these guys, I am downright puny.

But, I started getting a little worried about this weight thing this fall after Shaggy wrote about having to eat special food and getting dragged around the house three times for exercise. Can you imagine?

Then this machine shows up in our front hallway. It is so big and heavy the humans could barely carry it in the house.

They think we are ALL going to exercise more, eat better and loose weight.

Stay tuned.
--
Sky

12 comments:

Ivan from WMD said...

OH NO!

Plus, that's just winter weight, isn't it? That's what I tell my mom.

Susie said...

Hmmph! Humans can be so obsessed & stressed with body image! Don't they know stress can cause weight gain?! Tell them to stop stressing - start chillin'!

Napping is a legitimate hobby!

Anita said...

It tries to make case to the veterinarian, he knows why it says it, is for your health. The diseases derived from the obesity are worse: diabetes, problems in the joints, in the heart...

You must take care of your health!
Purssssssssssss!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Sky! (Though we don't think you need to lose an ounce. You look just purrfect as you are.)

Susie said...

Don't forget that Oct. 15 is ALL CATS DAY! Celebrate!

Anonymous said...

"Oh" no that the excerise thingy.Mom is on a diet so far she's lost 15 pounds. Yet she does get cranky.

Max said...

You look fine to me...but then my People think I'm fat, too. Phffft. There's just a lot of me to love and admire.

Anonymous said...

ya gotta stop goin' ta the vet. they're always sayin' silly stuff like that. besides, ya gotta bulk up fur winter - it's like a law of naychure or sumfin.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

You look pleasantly plump to me!

Rascal said...

My V-E-T told me that I was overweight too. So I had Mom do the only sensible thing, change vets!

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Nope, not fat, curvacious.

Patches

Fat Eric said...

You are CUDDLY!!!!