Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Alberta - Movin' On Up!

Hi, it's me - Alberta. If you read the posting about the new climber, you know my humans say that I'm the "always at the bottom of the totem pole cat". It's true. I have self esteem issues. Especially when it comes to relating to other felines. But, I have been making a real effort and now that we have an abundance of climbers around this place, I have been spending my afternoons as the MIDDLE cat on the porch.
You can even see that I am not running away when Blackie wants to sit in the climber also. You may not notice, but it's pretty obvious up close that my right eye is all watery. I don't know what that's all about, but I hear the humans talking about a v-e-t appointment on Saturday morning. Like they think after 18 years, I don't know how to spell? They say it's to have my blood levels checked because I just started taking some medicine for my thyroid, but they want to have my eye looked at too. We'll see about this on Saturday morning. We'll see if they will be able to find me. You can bet that I WON'T be a sitting duck in this climber!

2 comments:

The Fluffy Tribe said...

We agreee, hide under the bed in the middle ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko KO

Shaggy and Scout said...

Stand up for your rights brave kitty! You were there on that perch first & you don't have to move. I had a watery eye last month & had to have ssalve put in it for 2 weeks but it's better now. -Scooby